Mushroom Fruiting Bags also known as Mushroom growing bags is were you will be growing your mushrooms.
These are the 3 steps on how to make your own fruiting bags.
- 78 kg Saw Dust
- 20 kg Rice Bran
- 1 kg sugar
- 1 kg Lime
- 200 pcs 6” x 12” na POLYPROPYLENE (PP) BAGS
- 200 pcs Cotton Plug
- 200 pcs PVC NECK
- 200 pcs rubber band
- Plastic or Tarpaulin as cover
- 1 drum as sterilizer
- Weighing Scale
- Shovel for Mixing
Step 1: Composting (Making Your Compost)
- Mix thoroughly the saw dust, rice bran, sugar and lime using your shovel or any mixer.
- Add water until moisture content is around 50-65%.
- Cover the mixture with Plastic or Tarpaulin and allow it to sit for 2 -3 weeks.
- Make sure to check your composting material in a 2 – 3 days interval. Add water if needed to maintain 50-65% moisture content.
Step 2: Packing
- After composting, You now have your Compost.
- Mix your compost and let it sit open just enough for the ammonia to evaporate.
- Place your Compost in the PP Bags, Put at least 800g – 1 kg of compost in each PP Bag.
- Press tightly and insert the PVC neck.
- Place the cotton plugs at the Neck opening.
- Secure the PP bags neck with plastic and rubber bands to avoid getting your PP bags soaked during the sterilization process.
Step 3: Sterilizing
- Place your PP bag which will now serve as your fruiting bags in an upward position into your steel drum, steamer or sterilizer.
- When using a steel drum or steamer, make sure to put enough water to prevent it from drying.
- Use only the steam to sterilize the fruiting bags and let it steam for 4-6 hours. Make sure you start your time once the water begins to boil and steam is produced.
- Let it cool down inside the drum until it can be placed in a clean area.
Once cooled down, you are now ready to place your mushroom spawn inside the fruiting bags.
If you find this steps difficult, you can purchase mushroom fruiting bags at Agri Fungus Organic Farm